Vision and Values
Swinburne Childrens Centre has a unique philosophy represented in the core values of:
- Safety and security – We affirm the right of all children to access innovative, progressive learning environments which foster safety, care and emotional security.
- Care – family and community. We appreciate any ideas and suggestions from the children, their families and our learning community to help improve our teaching.
- Learn – pedagogy for learning and education. We care about children’s physical and mental safety, their individuality and personality, their learning needs and interests, their feelings and wellbeing and their own culture and diversity.
- Deliver – quality educators. We acknowledge and value our staff teams collective professional knowledge and exemplary practise in the deliverance of our quality care and curriculum.
The National Quality Framework (NQF) provides for the following guiding principles, which are upheld by Swinburne Childrens Centres:
- The rights and best interests of the child are paramount
- Children are successful, competent and capable learners
- Equity, inclusion and diversity underpin the framework
- Australia’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures are valued
- The role of parents and families is respected and supported
- Best practice is expected in the provision of education and care services
Download the Swinburne Childrens Centre Philosophy.